The ISO 9001 is an International standard for a quality management system. Any company that is interested in getting certified for this standard has to follow set of requirements which have been put forth by the 9001 standard. This is a standard which is used by different business organizations to show their ability to provide consistent services which meet with customer satisfaction and follow the regulatory requirements and at the same time making sure that they keep on improving on a continuous basis.
The ISO 9001 is the only standard which requires certification. The certification is to be obtained by the entire organization. It is important for the quality management system of the organization to improve its performance through all departments and facilities in the company. This standard can the obtained by an organization comprising of a few people or even millions of people. It can be implemented by small businesses as well. Also the industry whether it is service or manufacturing or a restaurant or even a consultancy needs to follow certain set of standards in order to obtain the 9001 certification. It is a process based standard which can be used to control the processes so that the end result meets the desired standard. A person cannot get certified to ISO 9001 but rather it is a company which become certified.
It should be kept in mind that the ISO certification does not refer to a membership group but rather it is something which an organization must get certified with. There are certain steps which need to be implemented in order to get the ISO 9001 certification. Once all the steps have been completed a certification body or a Registrar makes an audit of the organization using the standard laid down by the ISO 9001. If your business organization passes all the requirements during the ordered that you are issued with a certificate which demonstrates that your business is registered to 9001 for a period of three years.
The processes involved in getting the ISO 9001 accreditation
Atlas Certification can help you go through the steps which need to be followed in order to obtain the certification. These include all of the following:
- The first thing up an organization must to is to prepare itself for the certification. All successful businesses use the ISO 9001 to make an improvement in all of their operations. There are certain number of goals which the managers need to set so that it can be integrated into the existing operations.
- The company then needs to carry out a gap analysis which would help them understand areas of work which will require further improvement.
- When all areas of improvement have been identified a project plan is to be implemented
- The next step is to carry out the training of the whole staff in order to ensure that the plan is in place
- All of this implementation is that it needs to be documented and used to improve the quality management system
- The registrar is then called to carry out an internal audit and if your company has match all the requirements you can finally find yourself registered with the ISO 9001 standard.